Degree Assessment 




FAQ Page


Degree Standards





What schools are these?


Where are the schools located?

 The institutions are located online. They are owned by educational firms from several countries outside of the United States. Our current negotiations include institutions located in The Commonwealth of Dominica, Belize, Cyprus, Panama, and the British Virgin Islands. Any Institution with interest of our portfolio assessment services should contact University Consulting Services at for more information. 

How will my degree be verified?

 Your Degree is verified by phone, fax, and email. Interested parties may dial a toll free 1-800 number to request verification. As of this time all institutions will archive records with the NAAR, the National Academic Archive Registrar in Washington DC or the IAAR in New York Or the IAAR, International Academic Archive Registry in New York NY. We suggest that you email your institution for information on either of these agencies. Click here to view NAAR web site. Click here to view IAAR web site.

How will I know which institution uses the NAAR and which uses the IAAR?

 Ask your assessor or the school.

Do you offer an apostille  with these degrees?

 Apostilles are done by an independent service, and is not part of the services that we provide. If you think you will need your degree apostilled please let us know at the time you order and we will provide instructions along with your shipment.

Are the colleges you represent accredited?

 Yes, all institutions that we work with are accredited and most are accredited by more than one accrediting agency. However, none of the institutions that we work with are accredited regionally as are American universities. The institutions that we work with are not located within US boundaries and therefore do not seek accreditation by US agencies. 

Do these universities issue medical degrees?

 No, they do not offer any medical, dental, or psychology degrees where medicines can be prescribed.

Can we choose the classes on our transcript?  

 No, the institutions use a proprietary process based on your prior experience to determine the classes that will be listed on your transcript. All transcripts will list courses necessary to the core and elective requirements of your degree as well as any additional course requirements that have been established by the issuing institution.

What is your refund policy?  

 If you cancel your order within 24 hours of purchase we will issue a full refund minus a $25.00 processing fee. Once the institution begins processing your degree we will not be able to issue refunds. Please consider your purchase carefully and ask questions prior to ordering. Please email us at: 

Will the degree, transcript, or school website mention “life experience”? 

 At no point will these terms ever be mentioned on your degree, transcript, or in the verification of your degree. View our sample degree, transcripts and recommendation letter here. 

Can I transfer my college credits earned thru Degree Assessment's member schools to another university?

 In all cases credits will transfer when an institution is a member of the same accrediting body and offers courses that are closely related to courses from the transfer institution. Institutions that are not a member of the same accrediting body may require testing or evaluation, or they may deny transfer of credits earned at other institutions. Since each institution has their own acceptance policies and guidelines we suggest that you contact the institution that you are interested in transferring to for their particular requirements.

Can I use my Degree for employment?

 Yes, the degrees are legally issued in the institutions country of incorporation. Employers are able to verify your degree by several means.

Will my degree make me eligible for membership in professional organizations?

 To become professionally licensed you generally need to graduate from a recognized and accredited program. Each profession has its own accrediting standards and institutions it recognizes. As licensure is dependant on this recognition you will need to consult members within this community as to where you should earn your degree. Our member schools are legal degree granting institutions but may not make you eligible for professional licensure.

Can I use post nominal letters or use the title Doctor legally?

 Yes, the degrees are legally issued and allow you the use of titles or post nominal letters. These include titles such as Dr. or letters such as MBA or PhD.