| || |
- We require that you be 21 years of age or older by the beginning date of the cohort
minimum of 40 transferable semester hours from a regionally accredited college
or university is required. Course work must be college level to be eligible
for transfer. Developmental, Continuing Education Units (CEU's) or pre-college
level courses are not transferable.
- We must have received official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions.
prior college work must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average
of 2.0 or higher. If you have a cumulative grade point average of under 2.0,
you will need permission from the Dean to be admitted.
- A minimum
of three years of full-time work experience is required to begin the cohort
program. Documentation must be provided by your employer(s) on the form that
we will provide for you. If you are self-employed or have another unusual
work situation, ask to speak with an academic advisor.
- Submission of an acceptable writing sample is required as part of the application process.
- An academic advising appointment must be made with an academic advisor.
Required Computer Skills
- Basic familiarity with an integrated office suite
- Ability to open, save, and print files
- Basic Internet/web browser skills
- Ability to send and receive email with attachments
- At least a Pentium 266 MHz level computer
- Minimum RAM:
- 32 MB if using Windows 98 operating system
- 40 MB if using Windows NT or Windows ME operating systems
- 72 MB if using Windows 2000 Professional operating system
- At least 500 MB of free hard-disk space of which at least 200 MB are on the operating system disk
- Sound Card
- Earphones and microphone (provided)
- CD-ROM drive
- Floppy-disk drive
- Super VGA Monitor with at least 800 x 600 resolution and 256 colors
to the Internet with access speed of at least 56 Kb/s. (If the Internet is
accessed over the home phone line, a second phone line is highly recommended.)
- VCR player
- Access to a camcorder (Several of the Management
& Leadership courses require the students to submit VCR tapes of speeches
they have given.)
- Windows 98 or Windows NT with SP6 or higher operating system
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or Netscape Communication 6.0 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2000 Suite or higher (provided)
- RealPlayer 8.0 Basic or later (The RealPlayer 8.0 Basic is a free download at the RealNetworks web site: http://www.real.com/. However, you do not need to buy the RealPlayer Plus, If you have difficulty locating the free plug-in click here to go directly to the free player download site.)
- NetMeeting 3.01 or later (NetMeeting is a free download from the Microsoft download site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?)
- Email account and an email client that accepts attachments
- These are considered the minimal requirements for software, In addition you may wish to download and install several plug-ins to enhance your online classes.
| || Ratchford University © 2003|| |